Compliance and Economic Crime
BRANDHOFF OBERMÜLLER PARTNER advise credit institutions, international banks, financial service providers and investment management companies in all aspects of compliance, in particular the prevention of money laundering, financing of terrorism and other criminal activities.
We prepare all the legally required documents quickly and efficiently and help our clients comply with the statutory requirements.
Our services include:
- Preparation of risk analyses
- Preparation of working guidelines and process descriptions
- Support to the anti-money laundering officer in preparing annual reports
- Consulting services regarding annual financial statements and special audits as well as implementing any specific findings of the audits
- Preparation of suspicious transaction reports to the supervisory authorities under § 11 German Money Laundering Act (Geldwäschegesetz- GWG)
- Preparation of codes of ethics, procurement guidelines, whistleblowing systems and emergency plans
- Implementation of other security measures under § 25h German Banking Act (Kreditwesengesetz-KWG) on prevention of money laundering, financing of terrorism and other criminal acts
- Organization of staff trainings and seminars at the client’s office or our office.
Many clients completely outsource activities and measures on the prevention of economic crime to us.
Since the law on optimizing the prevention of money laundering came into force in 2011, companies outside the financial sector also must comply with important obligations under the Money Laundering Act if they are particularly susceptible to being misused for money laundering. They include insurance brokers, the legal profession and certain commercial traders. We also help these bodies fulfill their statutory obligations quickly and efficiently.